Tractor Rumble Seat

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." Red Green

Tractor Rumble Seat

Postby BTW » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:10 pm

One of my long time customers wanted me to fabricate a rumble seat for his Ford tractor. I warned him on the hazards of carrying a passenger. So with reservations,

I did what he wanted. After he fits the seat frame to his top link connection and with measurements I will add hand grips. One of the top link pins will be replaced with a extra long one I made up for foot pegs.

He has to do all the "fitting" because the tractor is a few hundred miles away. So everything is adjustable to make it easier.

I really don't know if his idea will work out, I guess after this weekend I will find out.

The picture shows what I came up with.....

BTW

Re: Tractor Rumble Seat

Postby Jimbob » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:20 pm

Nice!

OSHA approved?
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." Red Green
Jimbob
Site Admin

Postby BTW » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:26 pm

Jimbob wrote:Nice!

OSHA approved?

Yepper.!!! 8-)
I will feel better after he fits the frame to the top link, and slide the seat to where it needs to be I will install something like grab bars or handle bars.
That seat has 3 positions on the forward and 3 on the aft. Flip the frame around and you have the same just a different elevation. So there are 12 positions. Now that's not counting 3 on the seat it's self.
The frame longitude and latitude is adjustable to fit the not so perfect top link connection...
BTW

Postby BTW » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:21 pm

Ok here's an update...
The guy called me Monday the 25th when he got back into town, and he said everything fit perfect. I asked if he had to adjust anything and he said no.
I also asked how was the rider ? Did everything seem safe? And he said there were no problems where to put the feet or hands...
BTW

Return to The Garage - Redneck Engineering