The Forgotten Holiday

Keep it civil.

The Forgotten Holiday

Postby BTW » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:43 pm

You know we go from halloween right to Christmas. What's in between? That's right Thanksgiving but, you hardly hear anything about it. Maybe in the grocery store or in weather reports on travel plans but that's about it.

I mean halloween gets more coverage than Thanksgiving. I know Thanksgiving is not a big money maker like Christmas is for retailers but neither is halloween except for candy sales or maybe costumes. And yet people celebrate halloween which I think is a celebration of death and demonic forces.. I would rather depend on Jesus keeping/protecting me from the evil spirits, instead of giving out candy to do so. After all that's the idea of giving candy to the demons/evil spirits so they will stay away. That's why people dress up as something and go out trick or treating. How dumb is that??

We live in a country that did give thanks to God at one point in time before we got so politically correct on hurting someone's feelings. We all have something to be thankful for so why not take this opportunity to give God thanks for what you have.

I would like to wish everyone in the sound of my keyboard a Happy Thanksgiving..

BTW

Re: The Forgotten Holiday

Postby Dixiecrat » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:55 pm

Well said mr BTW.

Happy thanksgiving to you and your family and all the rednecks on this forum.

Dixiecrat

Re: The Forgotten Holiday

Postby BTW » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:27 pm

Dixiecrat wrote:Well said mr BTW.

Happy thanksgiving to you and your family and all the rednecks on this forum.

Thanks Dixe,
I must admit that's the first time I seen a turkey prepared that way. Very original. Good job I bet it tasted as great as it looks...
BTW

Return to Politics - Religion - Money